Saturday, March 24, 2012

He's Still The Same

My devotion this morning in my Jesus Calling devotional reads ...

March 24

THIS IS A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU MUST LEARN TO LET GO; of loved ones, of possessions, of control.  In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete.  Take time to bask in the Light of My Love.  As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care.

You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence.  The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today and forever.  As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand.  Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you.


I'm not even sure when Jesus Calling was written.  I was given my devotional a couple of years ago.  Even then, the Lord had prepared the exact words my heart would need to hear on the morning of my mom's funeral.

Of course He had.

Because He is the same today as He was yesterday.

God is sovereign, and just as someone pointed out to me a couple of days ago, this is a hard providence.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, so sorry to hear of your loss...what a hard day this must have been for you today, but you were still faithful to seek the Comforter in your devotions...and He was faithful to speak to you...sending prayers that you will continue to feel His presence through it all.

    ReplyDelete