Thursday, March 8, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 63

On Sunday we started new adult Sunday school classes.  Nathan and I didn't discuss which one we were going to go to.  Actually, I already knew which one I was going to.  I just didn't know what he had decided.  Sometimes we go to different classes ... like when I went to the class on Peacemaking and he went to the one of Money and being a good steward.

One of the classes is the continuing study of The Westminster Confession and the other is on Heaven.

"Which one do you want to go to?", he asked me.

"Do you really need to ask that question?"

I am so excited about the study on Heaven!  It seriously has come at the perfect time for me.

Andy asked us Sunday to write down 5 questions we had about Heaven.  I stopped at 8 and some of those had sub-questions.  I still have a ton more.

I truly long for Heaven.  I pray every day the Lord will come back and take His children home.  Someone told me I was being selfish when I pray that.  She said I should want Him to hold off as long as possible so more people could be saved.

I understand what she is saying, but here is what I think.  I believe in a sovereign God and I know He's not coming back one minute before His plans are complete.  When that last person He's called to Him has accepted Him, He's coming.

I just want Him to speed things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment