Thursday, March 8, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 60

Several months ago our church started Grace groups.  The group we are in is large.  We normally have at least 27 and sometimes more if someone invites friends to come.  It's loud, busy and fun.  I have really enjoyed getting to know people that I normally wouldn't have the opportunity to know that well.  I love sitting around the table talking while eating dinner and hearing the chatter and laughter of all of our kids in the background.  After we eat we head into the livingroom for a bible study.  Sometimes I sit there in awe as I listen while our kids share their hearts.  It makes my eyes well up with tears sometimes to see how Jesus is working in each of their hearts.  It's a precious sight and such a blessing to see.  I am grateful the Lord has given me the privilege of seeing it.

I am so grateful I was able to go on Thursday night.  Sometimes I have to miss because I just don't feel well enough to go, or I have some sort of infection.  As I looked around the room during our meal and during our bible study time, I realized just how different each of our families are from each other.  Only the Lord could put together such a mix-match of people and work it into such a blessing.

As I thought about it later that night, I realized that's what Heaven will be like.  There will such a mix-match of people there, but we all will have one thing in common ... we are children of the King.

I cannot even put words around how grateful I am to be a part of that Grace group.

No comments:

Post a Comment