Thursday, March 8, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 62

Saturday morning I rode with Nathan to go to my aunt and uncle's house to look at a washer and dryer.  I don't get to see my extended family very often.  I wish I did, but life is so busy and our family is so large it's hard to get everyone together.  There are seven children, sixteen grandchildren and twenty-six great-grandchildren ... plus spouses of the children and grandchildren.  Sara is the oldest great-grandchild, so there better not be any spouses of the great-grandchilden for a long time.

I love it when we all get together though.  My girl cousins and I are trying to figure out a way we can get together routinely.  I'm learning the older I get, the more intentional you have to be about nurturing relationships.

Even marriages need to nurtured.  I've always taken for granted how blessed I am to have Nathan.  If you know him ... if you seen how loving and attentive he has been to me, especially since I've been sick ... you know how blessed I am.  He is a treasure and I truly don't deserve him.  We spend a lot of time together, but rarely do we ever go on a date.  Partly because I rarely feel like going out at night and partly because money is tight.  My friend Elizabeth and I were talking about going on dates with our husbands a couple of weeks ago and she was sharing with me how she and her husband have started going on $5 and $10 dates.  They go for yogurt or coffee ... it's just about being together ... just the two of them.

Since Nathan and I were already out and I felt okay, we decided to take advantage of the time and had a little date.  We stopped at little restaurant in town and had a late lunch.  It's funny how just a change of scenery can make you feel more connected.  Maybe it just because we were intentional about making time for just each other and not just satisfied with being in the comfort of our every day life.

It also makes me feel even more loved when Nathan shows me he wants to spend time with just me.  I am so grateful for him.  I love him more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment