Thursday, March 8, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 65

"CONTINUE ON THIS PATH WITH ME, enjoying My Presence even in adversity.  I am always before you, as well as alongside you.  See Me beckoning to you; Come!  Follow Me.  The One who goes ahead of  you, opening up the way, is the same One who stays close and never lets go of your hand.  I am not subject to limitations of time or space.  I am everywhere at every time, ceaselessly working on your behalf.  That is why your best efforts are trusting Me and living close to Me." ~ Jesus Calling by Sara Young (March 6)"

"That is why your best efforts are trusting Me and living close to Me." 

Mary would often say to me, "You know this would be a whole lot easier if you would just stop kicking against God's sovereignty."  I knew she was right, but I would continue to kick.  Especially when I didn't like His plan.  I was like a toddler being carried out of a store kicking and screaming because I wasn't getting my way.  I couldn't see I was going where He wanted me to go whether I wanted to or not.  He was carrying me, and I was going.

If I had I put all of my effort into trusting Him and letting Him hold my hand as He lead me down the path He was taking me, it would have been so much easier.  I've finally learned the less I kick and scream, the closer I become to Him.

I am grateful that no matter how hard I kick, He continues to carry me.  I am grateful that He is constantly working on my behalf.  As much as I think I like control, I am grateful He is in control and I am not.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus ...

No comments:

Post a Comment