Thursday, March 8, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 59

I don't tell her often enough, but I am grateful for my mom.  During those weeks I was so depressed, she called me every day, and the very first words out of her mouth were, "How are you feeling?".  It really meant a lot to me she called every day to check on me.

The older I get the more I appreciate my mom.  We don't always see eye to eye, but that's okay.  I don't know any mother and daughter who always see eye to eye on everything.  Sometimes we just agree to disagree.  I love her unconditionally though.  As I grow older I see more clearly sacrifices she made for my brothers and I.  Growing up I watched her work two, sometimes three jobs just to feed us and make sure we had a roof over our heads.  She worked some really crappy jobs.  We never went without, and she even managed to give us some of the things we wanted.  Somehow she managed to put herself through nursing school.  I was so proud of her that I cried all through her nursing graduation.  I remember how proud my Nannie was of her too.

She's survived a lot in her life.  The things I've seen with my own eyes make me want to weep for her.  I often forget the things she's experienced, but when I do think about them, it makes me appreciate and love her all the more.

1 comment:

  1. I read this for the first time on the day of our "field trip". Much more significant now.

    ReplyDelete