Sunday, January 22, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 21

I am so exhausted I can barely hold up my head ... literally.  I can't even think straight.  It would be so helpful if I could just sleep.  I can't seem to do more than just doze off and wake back up though.

Today I am grateful the grocery shopping is done.  I made the mistake of trying to go with Nathan today.  I should have just let him do it, but my stubborness kicked in and I insisted I could do it.  I should have stayed home.  I just about ended up in the floor a couple of times.  Another thing to be grateful for ... I didn't fall. 

Nonetheless, I am grateful it is done.  Once again we have full cabinets and a full fridge ... well, we will have when everything is put away.  I am just way too tired to deal with it right now.  I am not going to complain about having food sitting everywhere and the Tide not put in it's place.  I overheard a conversation between two ladies today that just broke my heart.  They were trying to figure out which essential to buy.  Not what brand, which item.  That very easily could have been us.  But for the grace of God, it would have been.  It made me want to cry.

Yes, I am so, so tired.  We have a mess in the kitchen and dining room, but we have plenty of food ... more than enough.  I am grateful for that.  I can deal with being exhausted and in pain knowing my family doesn't have to be concerned about going hungry.

Since we've been home I've wondered what Hannah would have done if she had been with us and overheard the conversation between those ladies.  My guess is she would have told me she would give me all of her money to buy them food.  My selfish heart never thought of it.  I wish I had thought to have gone to the register and bought them a gift card and took it them.  I wish I were more like Hannah.  She doesn't just think about doing things to help others, she does them. 

I am praying the next time I will be more like Hannah and spring into action.  I also hope I am humble enough to not tell anyone ... just like Hannah.  She's so good at rallying people together to do things for others, but there are so many times she does things and no one is made aware of them.  Sometimes we don't even know until after she's done them.  I love her heart.  I know she loves Jesus because she tells me, and her actions validate her words.

That's something else to be very grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment