Tuesday, January 3, 2012

365 Days of Gratefulness

I somehow have to figure out a way to be intentional about thinking about positive things instead of allowing myself to constantly worry about all of things I can't do anything about.  I've allowed myself to get in the habit of wallowing in everything negative.  I don't want to live that way.  It's not only not good for me, but it's a terrible example for my girls.  It's sinful.  The Lord Jesus clearly tells us we aren't supposed to worry.  We are to turn all of our burdens over to Him.  My focus needs to be on Him, and I need to be wallowing in all of the blessings He has given me.


I saw this on Pinterest the other day.  I think it's a wonderful idea.  Not only would it be something that would cause me to be intentional about focusing on all of the things I have to be thankful for, but it would also be something tangible for me to be able to go back and read through as a reminder.  It can be ordered on Etsy here .  I haven't decided if I'm going to ordered it or just make my own.  I have decided I'm going to do this though.  I think I'm also going to share on this blog what I grateful for each day.  I may not always share some deep thought, but not every grateful thing is deep.  Sometimes it comes it comes in the form of a Sonic coke.

January 1 ~ I am grateful to have my girls home from the short trip they took to visit family.  I miss them so much when they are gone.  I am so grateful they have the opportunity to make trips with their grandparents, and their aunt.  They are blessed to have 4 grandparents that love them so much.  They are also blessed to have been able to get to know three of their great-grandparents.  Nathan's maternal grandfather is the only great-grandparent still living, and Pop Pop is still a very active part of their lives.

January 2 ~ I am grateful to have all the Christmas decorations put away.  I am also grateful to finally have all of my laundry caught up.  There is only one small load left to wash and a load of jeans to fold.

I encourage you to take the time to wallow in the things you are grateful for today.  I think you should also write them down so you can be reminded of what you have been blessed with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment