Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Just Want My Mama Back

My Jesus Calling devotion today says ...

"THIS IS THE DAY I HAVE MADE, Rejoice and be glad in it.  Begin the day with open hands of faith, ready to receive all that I am pouring into this brief portion of your life.  Be careful not to complain about anything, even the weather, since I am the Author of your circumstances.  The best way to handle unwanted situations is to thank Me for them.  This act of faith frees you from resentment and frees Me to work My ways into the situation, so that good emerges from it.
To find Joy in this day, you must live within its boundaries.  I knew what I was doing when I divided time into twenty-four hour segments.  I understand human frailty, and I know you can only bear the weight of only one day at a time.  Do not worry about tomorrow or get stuck in the past.  There is abundant Life in My Presence today."

Today marks 3 weeks since He called my Mama home.  It's hard not to complain.  I know I should be focusing on the certainty I have that she is with Jesus.  She is at peace.  She's no longer worrying and being anxious.  She no longer hurting.

But selfishly, I want my Mama back.  I miss her more than my heart can take.

I just want her back.  I want to be able to tell her I love her and to hug her.

I want to hear my phone ring at 1:30 this afternoon and hear her ask, "Did you go to bible study today?"

I just want my Mama back.

No comments:

Post a Comment