Friday, October 28, 2011

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I started my blog post yesterday about Robyn's birthday around 5:00 a.m. and had saved it to go take care of something before I finished it up.  Time got past me and I still hadn't had a chance to go back and post it before I got a phone call.

It's was Robyn.

I could tell by the tone of her voice something was up, so I asked her what was wrong.

"Ummm ... I don't really know how to tell you this."

"Just tell me."

"I'm pregnant."

"OH. MY. GOODNESS."

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry tears of joy.  So I just sat in awe for a moment.

This pregnancy was a complete surprise.  As I was finishing up my blog post yesterday I wanted so badly to shout to everyone that she was expecting miracle number three, but I couldn't just yet.  It is so hard to stay quite when you have news that just makes your heart dance.

She has now made her announcement to everyone and I'm now free to shout ... I would dance if I could.

Not everyone ever gets to experience a miracle, but Robyn is waiting to give birth to miracle number three.  Isn't it just like God to give us far more than we could ever imagine?

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us," ~ Ephesians 3:20

Robyn, guess what verse is going on your next baby quilt ... and I think it's going to be pink!  : )  Love you and I am so, so honored to have had a front row seat to what God has done in your life.  This was certainly a birthday you will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment