Friday, October 21, 2011

Do It With a JOYFUL Heart

I have thought all night about whether or not I have bitten off more than I chew.  Have I over committed myself?  Is this another example of how my mind thinks my body can do more than it can do?  Or is it simply I'm a bit bitter and prideful?

"Look at me and everything I do?  Look at them and how lazy they are ... they just want to be a seat warmer."

I know I'm not the only one who has ever had those thoughts.  Nevertheless, it's sinful of me to think those things.  I should be more concerned with where I am failing, rather than pointing out where I think my neighbor is failing.

I had to spend quite a bit of time confessing my sin to the Lord last night and asking for forgiveness.  I've had to ask for His help with my prideful heart.  I've asked Him to help me change my attitude.  Nathan and I are quick to point out to our girls when they are giving us attitude about doing something that they are to do it with a joyful heart.  I am such a hypocrite.  Another sin I've had to confess and repent.

As I was praying, the Lord quickly brought this to my mind ...

Earlier this week I was telling my mom about running into my great aunt this past Sunday.  She was with my mom's brother and his wife.  My mom told me my great aunt had just joined the church my uncle pastors.  She was so excited that she now has four jobs in the church.  She told my mom she had never had a job in the church before and now she has four.  She was so joyful about it.  She was full of eagerness to server the Lord and the church.

Maybe I have bitten off more than I can handle, or maybe I just feel overwhelmed right now because this week has been abnormally busy.  Irregardless, I need to be doing those things joyfully.  I should be severing my Lord and others with gladness.  My attitude most certainly needs to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment