Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shower of Blessings

I have a friend who gave me a warning last week to be careful about overdoing it.  It was a valid warning.  She knows I have a tendency to do so and then pay for it for days.  My philosophy is this ... I never know when things might spiral downward.  I pray they never do so again.  However, CIDP by nature is very unpredictable.  I have missed out on so much for almost the past 4 years, and I just don't want to miss out anymore than I absolutely have to.  I would my rather have one or two ... or even a whole week on occasion ... of pure joy, than to live a life that's bland.  It's that time of year I have to be careful.  Right now viruses and the flu seem to be minimal, and I've been told I don't have to wear a mask.  I just have to be very careful.  So, if I'm not running a fever, I'm allowed to be out as long as I feel up to it.  You better believe I'm going to jump at each and every chance.  That's exactly what I did the other night.  I have been so tired the past couple of days, but it has been so worth it because ...

Look who I got to see on Friday night ...


Several us of gave Connie's daughter, Ashley, a bridal shower Friday night.  It was such a fun, sweet time.  I laughed harder than I have in a long time and got to spend the night with some of my closest friends.  As you can see I got a much needed hug.  It had been over a month since we had seen each other.  Way too long.

And the three of us got to be together for a few hours.


I wish we had been able to have one of our long lunches, but I'll take what time we can get together.


This is Ashley with her mom and her mother-in-law to be.  Barbie is so sweet ... and funny I might add.  She's one of those people that when you meet them it's seems like you've known them for years.  She says she has prayed for Ashley since the day Dave, her son, was born.  So precious!  When I was leaving and giving Connie and Ashley a hug, she walked up to me and said, "I know how special you are to them and that makes you special to me."  My eyes welled up with tears when she hugged me.


Ashley and the moms with Ash's sister, Hannah.


I love this photo!

Somehow I missed getting photos of a few ladies that were there, but here are some of them ...







 It was such a fun night, and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.  It was so great to be able to talk, laugh and just be together.


It as been such a joy to watch Ashley grow up and see how the Lord is working in life.  She has grown up to be such a precious, sweet young lady.  I am so happy for she and Dave.  I am praying the Lord will bless them as they grow old together.

No comments:

Post a Comment