Friday, February 3, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Days 27 - 34

It's been a long week.  I began the new med Dr. Gaw started me on last Thursday night and ended up having side effects I didn't expect.  I didn't even think to ask what the side effects were and failed to read the insert in the pamphlet in the samples he sent home with me.  Some of you may be wondering why on earth I would possibly take a med I had not read the side effects it could have.  I have complete confidence in my doctors.  They know me well and they all know I how I tend to react to meds.  I know none of them would give me anything they thought would harm me.  I would not have blind faith in them.  It took awhile for each of them to gain my trust.  I realize anyone could make a mistake, but I also know we have a sovereign God who I have more trust in than three of them put together.  Grant it, it get fearful at times.  I worry and camp out on all of the "what ifs" at times.  Ultimately, my hope and trust is in Him and Him alone.  It just sometimes takes me awhile to remind myself of what I know.

Anyhoo, it's been a long week.  I've had a horrible headache.  I feel like I have been hit over the back of the head with a bat.  It's also made me very tired and sleepy.  If I sit still for more than just a few minutes I get so sleepy I can hardly hold my eyes open.  I've spent my energy doing the things I've had to do over the past week and all of the other things I've let go.  The sleep has been good, especially since I went so many weeks hardly sleeping at all.  But mercy, sleeping so much is getting old.  The headache is terrible.  It radiates from the back of my head to the front of my head.  I'm going to keep taking it until the end of next week.  I'm going to give it the full 2 weeks he said it would take for me to notice a difference and then make a decision from there to keep taking it or not.  Hopefully by then the side effects will have worn off.

I have kept a list the past week of things I have to be grateful for and I'm just going to quickly list them.  I hope to get back on track with my daily post tomorrow.

Day 27 ~ I am grateful I have nowhere to be and can just rest.

Day 28 ~ I am grateful to finally get my hair done.  I am also grateful I was able to spend a few hours with my friend Deborah while she was doing my hair.  I absolutely adore her.  I love that we can laugh until our stomachs hurt and have some of the sweetest heart to heart conversations.

Day 29 ~ I am grateful I was able to go to church morning and evening.  I heard some of the sweetest testimonies from young adults in Sunday school that I am so grateful I did not miss.  I was able to hear another sermon on the Beatitudes that challenged my heart.  Sunday night I heard a sermon that blessed my heart so much.  When he was finished I found myself asking, "you're done?"

Day 30 ~ I am grateful my parents are celebrating 24 years of marriage.  Don is one of the greatest blessings the Lord has given to my mom, myself and my brothers.

Day 31 ~ I am grateful I was able to cuddle with sweet baby Olivia for about an hour and a half.  We had a going away party for our youth intern and his family at church.  They have two boys and a one week old baby girl.  She is beautiful.

Day 32 ~ I am grateful I was able to make it to bible study.

Day 33 ~ I am grateful I was able to go to Grace group.  I needed it for multiple reasons.  It was such a blessing ... even if I did get picked on. : )

Day 34 ~ I am grateful I have job I can do from home and not have to worry about having to call-in.  I can work for a little bit and then take a nap.  There is no way I could work an 8 hour a day job.

There is so much more I could add to all of those days, but those are the highlights.  However, above all I am grateful I serve a God Who's sustaining grace gets me through each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment