Wednesday, February 22, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 52

Some days it's hard to focus on what there is to be grateful for, but today is definitely not one of those days.  Sara was in a minor fender bender this afternoon.  She is okay, no one was hurt and her car only has a small dent in the bumper.  I think Nathan and I may have aged 20 years in about 5 minutes though.

I could tell by the tone of her voice something was wrong, and when she prefaced what she had to say by, "Before you freak out, I'm okay.", I knew she had been in an accident.  I had just sent Nathan a text asking him where he was because he was supposed to have already been home, so as I was hearing her talk I kept telling myself everything was okay because her daddy was there with her.  Until he comes walking through the door.  She hadn't called him yet.  Even though she was obviously okay, all I could think of at that point was my baby girl was in a car accident, she's laying on the side of the road and she is all by herself.  When actually is was a minor fender bender, she was okay and she was already with her friend she was headed to meet.  See how depression makes everything so much worse than it actually is?!?!

Tonight I am grateful the Lord protected my baby.  I am also grateful no one was hurt in either fender bender.  Sara's nerves are a bit shaken, but it's been a good learning experience as to just how quickly something can happen.  She also was very quick to recognize the Lord had protected her ... another thing I am grateful for.

Now I think I may go peek in on her and watch her breathe for awhile like I used to do when she was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment