Thursday, February 9, 2012

366 Days of Gratefulness ~ Day 39

I am still feeling really depressed.  It still seems the reason is due to a side effect from the med I began taking two weeks ago.  Darryl gave me the lovely news today it could take 1-2 weeks for the effect to wear off.  Just like it takes time for the med to build up in my system, it will take time to leave my system.  I really did not want to hear that.

However, I made the decision at the beginning of the year to be intentional about trying to focus of the things I have to be grateful for each day.  I admit, it's not always so easy.  My mind naturally wants to veer toward all of the negative things, but I am determined to not let that keep me from focusing on all the blessings I have been given.

The level of the med will be less in my system tomorrow than it was today.  I am grateful.

My friend Deborah showed up on my doorstep this afternoon with a Sonic drink and a hug.  I am grateful.

My mom called today with some encouraging news about someone who has been so heavy on my heart for months now.  I am grateful.

Two of my cousins sent encouraging words to me this morning and reminded me they love me.  I am grateful.

I had several friends call, text and email today to tell me they love me and remind me they are praying for me.  I am grateful.

I had lots of work to keep me busy today.  I am grateful.

The prints I ordered of our family photos came today, and they turned out fabulous.  I am grateful.

Mary reminded me of my own words today ... what I know in my heart to be true ...  "And my friend, Robin, would say, let’s just take one day at a time.  The Lord gave us grace sufficient for today."  I am grateful.

Darryl reminded me of this today, " My confidence concerning you is who you belong to. Our Lord will not let go of you no matter what that medicine did to you. He is All Powerful and does not let Go of His. I will continue to pray!"  I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment