Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Random Things That Made Me Happy The Past 24 hrs.

I'm a bit sad today.  I think mostly because I feel terrible.  My pain level is off the pain scale the nurses always want you to use to rate your pain.  I know it partly has to do with way overdoing it the past couple of days.  The deary weather isn't helping either.  The cold, dampness factors into my pain, and it also factors into my mood.  I could cry, but that would give me a headache.  I've been trying to figure out something that would make me feel better, but kept coming up blank.  I put in Chris Tomlin's Christmas CD and then I sat down to write a blog post.  Before I got started I thought it would be a good time to catch up on the blogs I read.

And I read this post by BooMama.

"What are some happy moments of your day?", she asked.

Random things that have made me happy in the past 24 hrs ...

1.  Having a part-time job that I can work from home at any hour of the day I want.  I don't have to comb my hair, brush my teeth or even change out of my pj's.  The blessings from this job could be a blog post all of it's own.

2.  Having a friend pick me up to spend the day together and she greets me with a smile and a giggle.

3.  Going to a jewelry sale where everything is $5 and scoring some Christmas gifts.

4.  Having a friend that knows to stop a Sonic before we hit the interstate to go shopping.

5.  It could go without saying, a Sonic coke.  I just think it deserves it's own honorable mention.

6.  Having a sweet conversation with my friend about Jesus.

7.  Laughing hysterically because we are a bit directionally challenged.  Well, I think I'm the one challenged, and she just doesn't know enough not to listen to me.

8.  Ross.  If you've never shopped there, you need to.

9.  Running into friends at Target and laughing with two sweet teen girls about their enthusiasim over "80's looking" clothing ... that they claim they will never wear in public.  I adore those girls!!

10.  Getting a text that my cousin had given birth to a healthy baby girl!  She chose not to find out what she was having.

11.  Getting a picture text of my cousin's sweet baby girl that was just a couple of hours old.

12.  Finding a gift for my nephew that was on sale.  Something I wanted to get him last year, but refused to pay what it cost.

13.  Lunch.  I was starving.

14.  Making plans to go visit one of my dearest friends with my other dear friend.

15.  Ice cream pie.

16.  Cuddling with sweet Zadie Beth and getting to visit with my cousin and aunt.

17.  Hearing my daughter say "I love you." before she hangs up the phone.

18.  This picture ...

19.  And this picture ...

20.  And this picture ...
 

But the thing that makes me the happiest is being reminded at every turn Jesus loves and He is near to me ... even when I may not "feel it".  He is there always and forever, and He is the same today as He was yesterday, and as He will be forever.  The seasons may change, but He never does.

Well, one thing makes me happier than that.  He is coming back to take His children home.  Praise the Lord this is not home!

Have you thought about the random things that make you happy lately? 

p.s.  I forgot to add one thing that made me laugh out loud.  I logged on to Facebook and the first status I read a friend was telling something her 5 yr old daughter had said she when she passed gas ... "It was a poop saying hello."  It still makes me laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment