Friday, December 2, 2011

My Follow-up Report

I am so exhausted this morning.  Yesterday I had my appointment with Dr. Peltier at Vanderbilt, so my friend and I made a day of it.  I have overdone it, but it was very worth it.  I had the best day!

My appointment went very well.  She's in agreement with Dr. Gaw.  There hasn't been any significant change since I saw her 15 months ago.  I think it's amazing that it took 15 months to get in for a 6 month follow-up appointment.  The only noticable change is the feeling in the lower part of my legs.  I have lost more of the ability to feel from the outside.  The best way I know how to describe it is it's like my leg has fallen asleep and is in the middle of the waking up stage.  It's numb on the outside and feels like it's being stuck with hot needles on the inside.  I couldn't feel the coldness or the vibration of the tool she was using until just below my knee.  At my last visit I could feel it about mid-calf.  So it's just a slight change.  She is making a couple of medication changes to try and control my level of pain.  I am hopeful this will help.  It has worked for others, but like everything else, there are risk.  I am in constant pain though, and if there is a chance something will help lessen that I think it's worth the risk.

Have I mentioned lately how much I long for Heaven?

It was good visit.  It was comforting to hear from the expert that I haven't regressed.  It's very comforting to know that all 3 of my physicians have the same opinion.  I have this constant fear in the back of my mind that I'm going to have a flare up and loose my ability to walk again.  It's been a very long time since I have had a flare up that has been that severe, but it remains of fear of mine.

Yesterday was so fun.  The Lord was so merciful and gave me a day where I felt good, and I had the ability to do some shopping.  I actually am amazed at all I was able to do yesterday.  Although I am so exhausted today, it was worth the fun I had yesterday.  I had a sweet, sweet time with my friend Denise.  We laughed so much my stomach is sore, and we had some precious conversations about how loving and gracious the Lord is to us.  It was wonderful day.  And the weather was absolutely gorgeous!!

I am so grateful for the good report from Dr. Peltier, for the glimmer of hope I've been given that there is something that may control my pain better,  for the precious time spent with a dear friend and for the great deals I found shopping.

And my day started off with a stop at Sonic for a coke! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment