Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Sweet 16 Sara Bear!

Sara Bear,
I have loved you from the moment I knew existed.  The day you were born was one of the happiest days of my life.  Once I finally was able to hold you and I looked into your sweet face, I truly thought my heart was going to burst.  You were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  You will always be my little princess.


It's a bittersweet day for me.  It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that you are now 16 years old.  I have loved every stage of your life, and I have been in such awe at how the Lord is molding you into His image.  However, there is a part of me that wants to keep you little forever.  I miss the days when Pooh Bear was your constant companion.



I won't tell anyone that he still hangs out in your room. : )

You have brought so much joy and laughter to our lives.  You have a smile that literally lights up the room.


You have become a great big sister.


This is the first time you ever held Hannah.  She was just a few hours old, and even from the beginning you were very protective of her.  Another little boy tried to touch the top of her head and you very quickly, and loudly, to told him to leave her alone ... she was YOUR sister.


I'm not sure what happen to your love for reading. : )  But I do know your love for your sister grows stronger every day.


I hope you will always be a Godly example to your sister.  Always know she watches everything you do.


I miss being able to rock you to sleep every night.  That was always the favorite part of my day.


This was one of the favorite parts of Daddy's day.


He's loves spending special days with you.


I love your sweet spirit.  I love how you always stand up for what's right, even when it causes people to become angry with you.


I love your laughter.


I love how you still call me "mommy".  I think you secretly love that I call you "Sara Bear".


I will always love you, Sara Bear.  Always and forever.  No matter what.


I hope this is the best birthday ever.  We won't make you bake your own cake this year.


I will make you a strawberry cake instead.

And you will be getting your car soon.  You just have to be patient until we find just the right one.  We will try our best to upgrade from your first car.


Remember to not hug the side of the road, and don't hug the middle line.  Slow down when making a turn, and watch your speed.  You may have a lead foot like daddy, but that doesn't mean you have to use it.

I love you, Sara Bear.  From the tippy, tippy top of your head, to the tippy, tippy bottom of your toes.  Always and forever my baby you'll be.


Happy 16th Birthday!  I am so blessed to be your mommy!  You are one of the absolute greatest gifts the Lord has ever given me!


Mommy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment