Thursday, July 12, 2012

Meeting Samuel

Last week Mary and I made plans to go visit Robyn on Monday after I was finished with my visit with Dr. Keith.  I hadn't been able to meet baby Samuel yet, and I've been desperately wanting to get my hands on that sweet baby boy.  It actually worked out for Sara to go with us too.  Hannah is currently on a mission trip with Nathan, so she didn't get to go with us.  We had the sweetest afternoon with Robyn and the boys.  It was so fun and just what my heart needed that day.

For those of you who don't know ... Robyn is one of my besties.  We've been friends since 5th grade.  We were only 10 years old when we became friends, and this year we will be *cough* 40 *cough*.

For 11 years every doctor Robyn went to see told her it was impossible for her to conceive.  She was told she would never have children.  Well, she is now the Mama of 3 precious little boys.  Daniel will be 5 in September, Joseph is 3 and Samuel was born June 5.

God blessed Randy and Robyn with three miracles.  I cannot even explain what it's been like for me to have a front row seat in watching the Lord work in her life.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  So here is a sample of our day in pictures.



Daniel, Joseph and Samuel


The boys and I.  These are two of the sweetest boys.


Sara with the boys.  I can't wait to get a picture with all 5 kids when Robyn comes for a visit in a few weeks.

Notice how Joseph is holding tightly to my phone.  He started out wanting to play games, but when he got bored with that, he put his photography skills to use.  He took 243 pictures with my phone.  Here is a look from Joseph's view of our afternoon ...


I love that cheesy smile!



He told me to say, "Cheese".


Joseph took over my phone, while Daniel held tightly to Sara's phone.


There are about 50 pictures of just Robyn's rug on my phone.


Samuel's burp cloth


He took about 20 pictures of himself.


If you look just above his feet you can see a foot print in the rug he took a picture of.


Daniel has the look on his face that says, "Will you stop with the pictures?"


He's such a cutie!


He wanted Sara to take a picture of the 3 of them.


Daniel playing a game on Sara's phone.


Samuel's swing.

Some of his photos are a bit blurry because he just couldn't be still and would move on to take the next picture before he finished snapping the one he was already taking.


His mommy.


Mary and Samuel



Sweet baby boy!


Robyn convinced him to let her take a picture of them.  She was trying to show him how to turn the camera around so he could see himself.  He got it!


Samuel slept just about the entire time we were there.

That was a small sample of the over 200 pictures he added to my phone. : )


I did manage to get one picture of Samuel awake, but Sara had to take the bottle out of his mouth for me to get it.



Daniel is such a great big brother!  He gives Samuel a kiss on the forehead about every ten minutes.  He says he's his best friend.


Joseph reminds me so much of Robyn's brother, Darren.  He has this bigger than life personality and is such a ham!


Robyn and I before we headed out for dinner that night.  Randy was so sweet to watch the boys, and we got to have dinner with just the girls.

This is a video I took of Robyn talking to the boys.  Joseph started telling bible stories and Daniel (a.k.a. Batman) would chime in from time to time.  It's so cute how they start blending stories together.  The ending of the video is hilarious!


It was such a fun afternoon, and it blessed my heart so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment