Friday, July 22, 2011

Making Peace Continued...

First, I want to thank you all for your encouragement and sweet comments on my blog, email and face to face.  Thank you!!  I've had 6 emails asking me to explain CIDP, how I was diagnosed and how it effects my life today.  I am working on a post to explain all of that and hope to have it finished tomorrow.

We had Grace group last night and the scripture we read went hand in hand with what I've been thinking about this week.  Conflict, offenses and how does God expect me to deal with them.  Isn't it so amazing how God is always in the many details of our lives?  I know He is always right there, smack dab in the middle of it, working it for my good and His glory, yet why am I always in amazement when it happens?  Brings me to tears every time I think about how His promises will never return void... never!


I was working on my bible study early this morning and when I turned to Philippians this verse jumped out at me.  Maybe because it's highlighted in pink, but it was the Holy Spirit who prompted me to highlight it.  He has given this verse time after time to my friends to send to me in emails, cards, handwritten notes and text messages.

For I am confident of this very thing, he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6

I've written these notes in my bible surrounding this verse...


NOTHING can change this... Not even me!
God never starts something He doesn't finish.
Paul is confident ~ 100% certain.
He does it through grace.

This verse applies to so many different things in my life, but for this season it seems to apply to conflict, peace and forgiveness.  Am I dealing with offenses biblically?  I would love to say I have learned so much through studying The Peacemaker , that I have learned to deal with everything in my life the way Christ would have me to do so.  I haven't.  Not even close.  I have more questions today than I did the day we started the study.  I am probably going to have to buy the book after all.  I do, however, spend more time praying and asking Him to show me how He would have me handle not the just wrongs made against me, but for the wrongs I have done to others.  I will tell you, I am under some strong conviction.

For I am confident of this very thing, he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6


On Wednesday I was finally able to talk to Caleb, my pastor.  You can read about why that was needed here.  I had to apologize for brushing him off when he tried to apologize for hurting my feelings.  I was wrong, and petty I might add, to say, I'll get over it.  He willingly forgave me immediately and he apologized for anything he said that hurt me.  He really didn't owe me an apology.  My emotions were raw that day, and I totally mistook his words.  We talked through what he meant when he gave his reason for his pace in getting through the book.  I walked away from that conversation with a deeper appreciation and respect for him.  All is forgiven.

Now if I can just handle the other hundred offenses going on the same way.  If only they also would end in the sweet forgiveness and restoration this one did.  If I did not believe with my whole being in the sovereignty of God, I would loose my mind.  I often get so caught up in chaos I allow it to affect me physically.

If only...

If only I would just lay it at the feet of Jesus, be still and quite while listening for His voice.


Last night my friend Darryl read this...


Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28

The note I have written in margin in my bible says this, Permanent respite in the grace of God.

Although I still have many questions and uncertainty of how to deal with wrongs that have been committed biblically, I am praying He will reveal more and more to every day and guide the steps I need to take.  This I do know...


For I am confident of this very thing, he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6 

He has stirred up the desire in my heart to forgive and the want to be humble in enough to ask for forgiveness, and He will see it through.  I pray for His grace and mercy along the way.


This is the song in my heart today.


Beneath The Cross Of Jesus Hymn

Beneath the cross of Jesus I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty rock within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness, a rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat, and the burden of the day.

O safe and happy shelter, O refuge tried and sweet,
O trysting place where Heaven’s love and Heaven’s justice meet!
As to the holy patriarch that wondrous dream was given,
So seems my Savior’s cross to me, a ladder up to heaven.

There lies beneath its shadow but on the further side
The darkness of an awful grave that gapes both deep and wide
And there between us stands the cross two arms outstretched to save
A watchman set to guard the way from that eternal grave.

Upon that cross of Jesus mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One Who suffered there for me;
And from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess;
The wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.

I take, O cross, thy shadow for my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than the sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by to know no gain or loss,
My sinful self my only shame, my glory all the cross.


 

1 comment: