Saturday, July 30, 2011

17 Years and Counting

Today Nathan and I are celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.  July 30, 1994 we said, "I do".  I cannot even wrap words around how much I love him.  He is the most amazing person I've ever known.  I am so blessed he loves me and loves me unconditionally.

Nathan has the kindest spirit about him.  He is gentle, but can still be firm when needed.  He easily believes the best in someone and is slow to judge.  He quickly forgives.  He stands firm in his beliefs.  He's passionate about standing for the right thing and won't back down from anyone when it comes to defending what's right and honorable.  I've seen him go to bat for so many people... those he loves and those he doesn't even know.  Nathan has this way about him that makes people feel like everything is going to be okay when he's with you.  You feel safe.  It's not just me who feels this.  I've had so many people tell me they feel the same way.


I have never met anyone who has ever pointed out any quality about him that is negative.  He's not perfect.  He's human and makes mistakes just like everyone else.  But his character far outweighs his imperfections, making them hard to see.  I tease him and tell him it gets old having people tell me constantly what a great guy he is and how much they love and respect him.  Seriously, all the time I'm told this.  I've told my mom several times I think she likes him more than she likes me.

With the birth of each of our daughters, I fell in love with him more.  Something about the way he held them and talked to them... the way he would show them off to other people made my heart swell.  He has always been quick and willing to help with them.  He's very involved in their lives.  They probably think at this stage in their lives a little too involved.  Sara is just like him and it often causes them to butt heads.  She loves him though.  She's proud he's her daddy and loves that he's always there.  Hannah has always been a daddy's girl.  To this day she loves to crawl up in his lap.  I love they way he's their biggest cheerleader, how encourages them to always do their best and will praise them for their accomplishments.

He has stuck with me through every challenge we have ever had to face.  Leaving has never been an option.  He just rolls up his sleeves and does what needs to be done to get us through it.  When I got sick, there he was right by my side.  When I'm in the hospital, he rarely leaves.  He sits right beside my bed making sure I have every thing I need.  He has spent countless nights sleeping in a chair beside my bed.  When I freaked out because I thought I was going to have to go to an inpatient rehab, he chose to take family leave from his job and stayed home for 3 months to take care of me.  He did everything and never complained.


This is the man who loves me and I am so grateful to the Lord for giving him to me.


I love you, Nathan.  I love you more today than I did the day we married but not as much as I will tomorrow.  I cherish you.  Happy Anniversary, Babe!  You are my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment