Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where Two or Thousands Gather In His Name

For the past few days my thoughts have been consumed with wondering how precious Mary is doing.  I find myself constantly bouncing back and forth between email and Facebook checking for updates.  So grateful for my iPhone that I am able to keep handy.  I can give you hundreds of reasons why I'm not so fond of Facebook, but yesterday I saw it as a gift.  A gift that allowed us to have instant updates on Mary.  I also witnessed it bring hundreds of folks together.  All for one cause.  To pray for this sweet baby.  It allowed those of us who know and love the Vick's to reach out to those who have no idea who they are and ask them to pray.  Landon even mentioned hearing from people they didn't know who had heard about Mary.

    For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.” ~ Matthew 18:20

This verse keeps coming to my mind when I think about all of the hundreds ... I would venture to say even thousands at this point ... of people praying for this 5 lb 14 oz baby girl name Mary Elizabeth.  He is most certainly in the midst of us working.  I see Him so clearly.

The most recent news I have heard this morning is she made it through the night without any life support.  Just typing that sentence has me sobbing tears of gratitude.  As my pastor reminded us last night, most babies with her condition never even make to surgery.

His mercies are new every morning.

Please continue to pray.  Prayer is the most important thing we can do for one another.  To carry someone to the Throne of Grace and lay them at the feet of Jesus is the greatest gift you could ever give to anyone.  I know they covet your prayers.

This precious baby girl has no idea how the Lord is using her life to bring so many people closer to Him.  Just 3 days old and He's already using her to change the world around her.  He has been since the day He revealed her condition to the doctors.  We have prayed for this sweet baby for months.

This is the link to Mary's CaringBridge site.  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maryelizabethvick

No comments:

Post a Comment