Thursday, November 22, 2012

Grace

It was an emotional day.  One I am glad is over.

I dread tomorrow so, so much, but as I sit here with hot tears streaming down my face I can hear my Mama.

If she were here she would be telling me I'm going to have to pull myself together for my girls.

She would tell me to stop crying for her because she is with Jesus.

And she would be right.

But I just can't seem to pull it together.

And I most certainly don't know how to stop crying for her.

I have tried.  To do both.

I'd pull myself together, and then something would cause me to fall apart again.

The tears stop for a little while, and then out of nowhere they start again.

I miss her.

I have been very aware of God's grace today.

A grace that has been in abundant supply.

Right now I am most grateful I can trust that exact same grace with be given to me tomorrow.

Grace for the moment.  That's what Mary would remind me of.

And not a moment before I need it ... and never a moment too late.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this thought, Robin! I am so viscerally aware of my need for grace today in particular too. It's been a very hard last few weeks: missing my grandpa, joyful about my new niece but sad I can't see her, and homesick before Thanksgiving like nobody's business.

    I needed this reminder, and I'm praying for God's grace to support and comfort both of us this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete