Saturday, October 27, 2012

Today I Celebrate My Friend

She's one of my best friends, and today is her birthday.  Her 40th birthday.  We've been friends for 30 years ... since we were in 5th grade.  I thought I would celebrate her today by explaining why I love her beyond any combination of words I could put together.  I've tried writing this post for the past two days.  Each and every time I have had to delete it because I am finding it very difficult to find the words to adequately explain what a beautiful person she is.  A beauty that comes from the depths of her heart.

She is truly one of the most loving, selfless people I know.  Sometimes to her own detriment.  She cannot say no to anyone in need of something and often finds herself pushed beyond her limits.  And she does it out of love for others.  A want to help.  A want for others to be full of joy and not hurting.

She has always been there for me.  Even during the times she couldn't physically be with me, she's there.  Calling, texting, emailing me.  Just to remind me she loves me and is praying for me.

And when Robyn tells you she is praying for you, she is praying.  Those aren't just words that fly off her tongue because it seems to be the appropriate thing to say.  If she says she's going to pray, you can rest assured she's carrying you to Jesus.

She loves Jesus passionately.

Thirty years of memories can't be summed up in just a few paragraphs.  We've have laughed to the point of hurting stomachs and tears, and we've held each other through hurting hearts and tear stained cheeks.  She always wants what's best for me.  She has celebrated the greatest events in my life with me, and hurt with me though the darkest moments in my life.  Her love has been unconditional, and yet at the same time, because she loves me, she talks straight to me.  I always get the truth.  Like it or not.

She has held my secrets close to her heart, and she has trusted me with hers.  I am honored she calls me one of her best friends, and she feels safe enough to pour her heart out to me.

I love watching her finally being able to be a mother to three of the sweetest boys.  It brings me to tears every time I think about the years and years of heartache she endured, and how God blessed her with three miracles.  Three blessings she doesn't take for grant it.

I love her.  I adore her.  She is one my dearest, closest friends.  She is one of the few in my closest circle of trust.  The few I can count on one hand.

She is an enormous blessing to me.

I treasure her.

She is my sister.

And my forever friend.

Happy 40th birthday, Robyn.  You are one of the greatest gifts the Lord Jesus has ever given me.  Today I am thanking Him for you.  I don't know what I would do without you.  Thank you for loving me even when I'm unlovable.  For being a faithful friend.  For not being my judge, and for always carrying me to our Redeemer.  Love you, and praying you are blessed today as much as your bless everyone around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment