Friday, August 3, 2012

Make Sure You Brush Your Teeth

For the past several days the song "Thy Mercy, My God" has been playing in my head on repeat.  I can hear my friend Connie singing and humming this song as she moves about her day, and between the words of the song and her beautiful voice, it brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.


Mercy, unmerited grace.


As I've read hundreds of Facebook post, blogs, and seen what the media has to say over the past few days, I've noticed there's not been a lot of mercy being given.


I told a friend a blog post has been brewing in my head the past couple of days over the Chick-fil-A hoopla.  Yesterday afternoon I wrote it.  I was taking some time to pray about it and go back and read it again before hitting "publish".  During that time I read blog post my friend Allison had posted a link to on Facebook.  I almost didn't read it.  I'm just so tired of hearing the bashing and hatred, but I know Allison's heart isn't to bash or hate.  I'm so glad I clicked the link and took the time to read this post.  He says it better than I ever could have.


"The Morning After Chick-fil-A" by Michael Patz.


I pray the obsession I have with brushing my teeth so much and so hard it has caused me to have a gum graft not only cleans the germs off of my teeth, but also cleans the germs out of my words.


Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, The joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue ...

No comments:

Post a Comment